Friday, July 29, 2011

post Comicon post... heh

Ok, last week was the San Diego Comicon.  As I'm sure a lot of you already know.  Highlights of the show for me [since I was stuck behind a table for the whole time] were-
   I got to shake hands and meet with Aaron Horkey [!!!!!] I think this guy is a genius and here's some proof.
   I attended the Eisners and saw a lot of people I sorta know win awards for being extremely talented, and one guy I really know win an award for being extremely talented and for what turned out to be a great idea.  Congratulations Mr. David Petersen and all those who participated in his Mouse Guard anthology book Legends of the Guard.  Which I had a lil story in myself I might add.
   I met Andy Serkis, whom I highly admire, and got to shake his hand as well.  I thought I did a pretty good job of not totally geeking out all over him.  I am happy his kids seemed like they really liked Pook [that's a character from my book and it is not misspelled, it ends with a "k"]. 
   Ooh I also saw Ron Perlman walk by as we were getting Pink Berry one night.
   Emily and I picked up a couple of great books [not so much comic related], I found a copy of The Twelve Dancing Princesses illustrated by K.Y.Craft and Emily found a great !! copy of Anderson's Fairy Tales illustrated by Harry Clarke.  Which I did not know existed.
    And just having a great time after the show every night with friends and going to great restaurants and eating great food.


 I had a great spot this year and met a lot of new fans, current fans, and surprised a bunch of people who had never heard of me before.  Here are a few con sketches I did over the week we were there.  Spoiler alert! to those I owe these to.

Queen of Hearts and Alice
forest demon


Victorian Emily
Kraken 
Knight of the Omertas
CPG coat of arms
  
  
CPG fishing

 Over all SDCC was great!  Thank you so much Katie and Ryan for making the show even better and a lot closer.  I love doing that show and I'm always looking forward to it throughout the year.  It does take a lot out of you, I'm in day 3 of recovery.  Our plane left San Diego around 10:30 mon. night and we didn't get home until 11:00pm tues.  Still trying to work through all the con sketches that I owe people from previous shows. 

Now I have the Baltimore Comicon just up ahead Aug. 20th and 21st!  It looks to be a really great show and a much lighter con.  Baltimore is boasting such great guests as Stan Lee, Bernie Wrightson, Adam Hughes, Geoff Darrow and so many more.  Check out their site here.  I really look forward to this show every year too, it's in a really nice spot and has lots to offer.  Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Love that forest demon. Beautifully detailed work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "forest demon"! Outstanding... can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchanges (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 minimum exchange
    CoinMama

    Earn free bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    Bitcoin Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete